Lawrence M. Freedman
Lawrence M. Freedman represents a wide range of clients in acquisitions, disposition, development, and leasing of retail properties, industrial facilities, office buildings, and residential developments. He has extensive experience in negotiating and drafting purchase agreements, commercial leases, and loan and condominium documentation. He’s also an experienced land use attorney, representing developers and governmental agencies before numerous governmental bodies in negotiating and obtaining governmental entitlements, such as rezoning, special use permits, subdivisions, variations, planned use developments, and tax subsidies, in conjunction with the approval and development of office and industrial parks, residential subdivisions, religious facilities, shopping and lifestyle centers.
He received his Juris Doctorate from Loyola University School of Law, and his undergraduate degree from Northwestern University. He is a member of the Chicago Real Property Law Committee of the Chicago Bar Association, as well as the Illinois State Bar Association, and the American Bar Association.
- Represented a large regional church in obtaining all required municipal approvals, including rezoning, a conditional use permit, and numerous variations in order to construct a church of approximately 72,000 square feet on and approximately 14 acres of property in Glenview, Illinois.
- Represented a developer in the acquisition of an approximately 16 acre parcel and the obtaining of all required governmental approvals to annex and rezone the parcel for the development of mixed uses, including a national chain restaurant, 118 condominium units, and an extended stay hotel of 128 units in Northbrook, Illinois.
- Represented a developer in the annexation of an approximately 15 acre parcel along and the obtaining of rezoning, planned unit development and other approvals, to allow for the construction of a 22 screen theater, multiple restaurants, retail stores, a hotel, and storage facilities in Lincolnshire, Illinois.
- Represented a developer in obtaining all necessary planned unit development, rezoning, sales tax rebate incentives, and other agreements to allow for the development of a lifestyle center containing luxury condominium units and dozens of national retail stores in Burr Ridge, Illinois.
- Represented the owner in the sale and leasing of a 100,000 square foot office building located on approximately 10 acres of property in Orlando, Florida.
- Represented the owner in the sale and leasing of a 45,000 square foot office building on approximately 5 acres of property in Ankeny, Iowa.